fourth season of The Flash, and the seventy-sixth episode overall. It aired on November 21, 2017.
- The title is a reference to the philosophical proposition "I think, therefore I am", originally known in Latin as "Cogito ergo sum".
- DeVoe reveals to Barry that he knows that he is the Flash and that will be the one to beat him and that he is different from Reverse-Flash, Zoom/Black Flash, and Savitar, and that he is the fastest mind alive.
- Marlize asks Clifford if he's seen a video of a Husky singing the Madonna song "Like a Virgin".
- Cisco asks Barry if he's seen "Zatoichi the blind swordsman", a franchise of films and a TV series featuring the eponymous character.
- At the press meeting for Dr. Wells, secretly Eobard Thawne, at the turning on of the particle accelerator, he noted that Barry was present, along with Clifford DeVoe and his wife. Thawne was excited at this and even remarked that he was a fan of DeVoe's and even said "good luck" to DeVoe for the future, likely because since Thawne was from the future he knew DeVoe would one day become an enemy to the Flash.
- Eobard Thawne's reappearance as Harrison Wells in this episode is a foreshadowing, as he returns in the crossover event Crisis on Earth-X, with his most prominent callback of being "Harrison Wells" in Part 3, which is the next episode.
- Similar to the comics, Clifford DeVoe obtains his high levels of intellect through his developed and created: "the Thinking Cap", and he even names it the same. Also like in the comics, its use has detrimental effects on the rest of his body, though instead of a slow cancer like in the comics, it is a fast-acting paralysis.
- The scene from "" is shown again, however, it continues on at the press conference after Barry runs after the thief.
- The date of the explosion of the particle accelerator by Thawne occurred on January 7th. DeVoe remarked that both himself and Barry were born on that day in terms of becoming the Thinker and the Flash, respectively.
- However while the date of the particle accelerator explosion is given as January 7, 2014 in this episode, Felicity Smoak stated in an episode of the animated series Vixen, that the particle accelerator exploded on December 11, 2013. Also, Cisco names the same date in the "". The effects of Flashpoint possibly changed the date of the particle accelerator explosion in the post-Flashpoint timeline.
- In the flashbacks, DeVoe reveals that 2,600 people were affected by the dark matter of the particle accelerator explosion.
- Barry tells Iris that his "Spidey sense is tingling", referencing the Marvel superhero Spider-Man and his powers.
- When Wally returns, he talks about fighting a giant starfish from outer space. This is a reference to the Justice League villain Starro.
- This is the second episode that Barry didn't appear as the Flash, instead remaining as a civilian for the whole episode, the first being Girls Night Out.
- This is the last episode of The Flash to credit Keiynan Lonsdale as a series regular in addition to being credited in the main cast bill as he joins as a series regular in Legends of Tomorrow (episode The Curse of the Earth Totem).
- Ralph Dibny only appears in the second sneak peak which ends up being a deleted scene from the episode.
|The Flash season 4|
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|