Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
Powers and abilities
- Kryptonian physiology: Normally, like all Kryptonians, Tor's capabilities are no greater than a normal human of his physical conditioning. However, once charged by the energy of a yellow sun and metabolized into his body, he becomes able to perform various inhuman feats.
- Longevity: As a Kryptonian, Tor's life span is considerably longer than a normal human and likewise ages far slower.
- Solar energy absorption: Tor is able to absorb and metabolize solar energy from a blue or yellow sun to obtain his powers.
- Super strength: Tor is far stronger than a normal human, as well as some aliens, when exposed to a blue or yellow sun.
- Super speed: Tor is able to move at super-sonic speeds, both through flight and on foot.
- Flight: Tor is able to fly and levitate by manipulating gravity to generate thrust.
- Invulnerability: Tor has nearly impenetrable flesh and bones, making him essentially immune to all Earthly weapons, with bullets simply ricocheting whenever they come in to contact with his skin. This allows him to take far more damage than a normal human and have a higher resistance to pain.
- Accelerated healing factor: Tor is able to heal and recover far faster than a normal human. His higher metabolism allows his body to process and burn calories far more faster than any other normal human, allowing him to not gain weight and remain physically healthy with little to no maintaining.
- Contaminant immunity: Tor has an immunity to all forms of disease and contaminants on Earth.
- Super hearing: Tor can hear perfectly across several miles and through structures.
- Super breath: Tor is able to exhale powerful gusts of wind from his mouth, as well as causing the temperature of his breath to drop below subzero cold, therefore allowing him to freeze nearly anything.
- X-ray vision: Tor is able to see through all solid objects, except for lead.
- Heat vision: Tor can emit blue energy beams of intense heat from his eyes.
- Telepathy immunity: Tor is immune to most forms of telepathic powers.
- Expert hand-to-hand combatant: As a former Kryptonian soldier, Tor is an expert in unarmed combat.
- Multilingual: Tor is capable of fluently speaking English and Kryptonese.
- Kryptonite: Like all Kryptonians, even while empowered, Tor is vulnerable to the exposure of Kryptonite, a radioactive mineral from his home planet Krypton. Depending on the nature of the said Kryptonite, it will cause a different adverse affect on him;
- Green Kryptonite: Green Kryptonite not only physically hurts Tor and weakens his physical attributes, leaving him vulnerable to weapons and anything in general that can kill a normal human, but if he is exposed to it for too long, it will kill him.
- Red Kryptonite: If exposed to Red Kryptonite, it gradually destroys Tor's inhibitions and turns him into a corrupt version of himself. Left without morality, compassion, rationality, or any cares whatsoever, Tor will become malevolent and prone to hostility and aggression, making him a danger to everyone around him.
- Silver Kryptonite: If exposed to Silver Kryptonite, it will cause Tor to go in a deep and frightful hallucination where nothing from the outside world can stir him out of it until it leaves his system.
- Lead: Even with his X-ray vision, Tor can not see through lead.
- Red sun energy: Like all Kryptonians, exposure to the Red Sun will make Tor the equivalent of a human being on Earth.
- Extreme energy: Extreme amounts of energy, can be enough to kill Tor.
- Solar energy depletion: Using his powers to its maximum for an extended period can significantly drain his solar energy to the point where Tor loses all of his powers and is rendered more human like for at least a day. This renders him as weak as a human, allowing Tor to get injured and killed as easy as killing a human.
- Solar energy overload: If Tor absorbs too much solar energy, it will act as a poison and kill him.
- High-frequencies: Although considered a strength, Tor's hearing does have its disadvantages. Since his hearing is more sensitive than a normal human's, higher pitch noises (sonic screams, etc.) can disorient him and cause pain in his ears, leaving him vulnerable in a fight. Therefore, enemies with sound-based powers, like Silver Banshee can potentially be powerful enough to cause Tor's ears to bleed.
- Sound-dampening technology: The D.E.O. designed frequencies to block super-hearing and cause Tor slight pain when trying to use it in areas protected by the technology.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Tor-An was a Kryptonian and a member of the military guild who had served under General Zod. His first appearance in the comics was Action Comics #875 (May, 2009).
- This Kryptonian character is not to be confused with any of the other three unrelated characters in the DC universe, who also use the name "Tor": a robotic adversary of Martian Manhunter with his only appearance being in Detective Comics #243 (1957), a prehistoric-human protagonist of the series with the same title (1975-1976, 2008) and the magician known as "Tor, the Magic Master", Jim Slade.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.