The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- "Photos can be doctored. They could have put Bruce Wayne's head on that body. Has Bruce Wayne left Gotham to hang out in Star City recently? No. Now, if I was running around the city during the day and managing it as Mayor while running around at night frightening criminals as a vigilante, that really would make me a superhero. But I'm not. I'm just the Mayor."
- —Oliver Queen's response to the allegations against him
|Oliver tries to balance being the mayor, Green Arrow and a father to William. Anatoly returns to Star City with a deadly agenda.|
- Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow
- David Ramsey as John Diggle/Spartan
- Willa Holland (credit only)
- Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak
- Echo Kellum as Curtis Holt/Mr. Terrific
- Rick Gonzalez as Rene Ramirez
- Juliana Harkavy as Dinah Drake/Black Canary
- Katie Cassidy (credit only)
- Paul Blackthorne as Quentin Lance
- Keri Adams as Bethany Snow
- Jarryd Baine as Reporter #2
- Sydney Bell as Report #3
- Brad Bergeron as Junior Agent
- Greg Csiszar as Markovian Executive
- Rick Dobran as Alec Tarkov
- Jack Moore as William Clayton
- Lisa Penz as Reporter #1
- Oliver name-drops Bruce Wayne at a press conference regarding him dressing up as a superhero at night. In the DC comics, Bruce Wayne is the iconic hero known as Batman, the protector of Gotham City and a vigilante dressed like a bat who fights against evil and strikes terror into the hearts of criminals everywhere. Batman is also a founding member of the Justice League and a teammate of Oliver as Green Arrow.
- The title of the episode possibly refers to the reference, which is the brainchild of Stephen Amell. Amell was surprised that it made into the final cut of the episode even though the original script was supposed to have him mention another famous individual. Amell originally reached out to Greg Berlanti about getting a Batman reference on the show. Berlanti then suggested that he should get permission from current DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns. It was only during a conversation at the 2017 DC Comics’ Comic-Con meeting in San Diego between Amell, Johns, Warner Bros. Entertainment CEO Kevin Tsujihara, Warner Bros. Television President Peter Roth, and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment President Diane Nelson that Tsujihara finally gave the permission to the Johns, Berlanti and eventually, to Amell.
- After hearing "Python", Curtis Holt asks whether Felicity Smoak is referring to a supervillain while she talks about the programming language Python. In the DC comics, Python is a supervillain and the enemy of Sandman.
- Like the previous episode, "", this episode contains another Injustice 2 easter egg, which includes Oliver and William making references to the game while DLC characters like Black Manta and Mortal Kombat character Sub-Zero were heard performing their respective moves off-screen.
- Quentin's quip to Oliver, "I didn't have a photograph of you in flagrante de-Arrow", is a play on the Latin phrase "in flagrante delicto", which translates to "in blazing offense"; it refers to when a perpetrator is caught in the act during the commission of a crime.
- Tetrodotoxin is the poison in fugu (pufferfish) that makes it toxic to humans unless prepared a specific way.
- This is the first episode of to not feature a flashback storyline in any capacity.
- When Oliver refuses to allow Samanda Watson to question William, she replies, "You're aware that telling an FBI agent how to conduct their investigation is obstruction of justice?" In reality, it is not; Oliver is not required to allow his son to be interviewed unless a subpoena has been issued. If anything, an FBI agent in this context would threaten a subpoena rather than an obstruction of justice charge.
- A photo does not need to be created with a digital camera to be printed with an ink-jet printer; it merely needs to have been converted into a digital file.
Preparation ran from July 10 until July 18, 2017. Shooting ran from July 19 until August 1, 2017, with a break on July 21.
|"" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.