- For other uses of Trickster, see Trickster (disambiguation)
- "I've had 20 years to come up with the perfect trick. It's going to be my masterpiece. My Mona Lisa. My Breaking Bad season five."
- —The Trickster
A copycat killer who goes by the name “The Trickster” starts setting off bombs in Central City. In order to stop the villain, Barry and Joe meet with the original Trickster, a criminal mastermind named James Jesse, who has been imprisoned for 20 years. Things quickly go from bad to worse when the Tricksters unite and take Henry Allen prisoner. Meanwhile, Iris asks Eddie for help with a case, and flashbacks show how Harrison Wells came up with the idea for the particle accelerator.
15 years ago, Harrison Wells and his wife, Tess Morgan, drive home. The car hits a speed trap and flies end over end, killing Tess. Wells tries to get a man who leans down to help, but he says the girl has been dead for centuries before introducing himself as Eobard Thawne. He connects a tube between himself and wells, killing Wells and giving Thawne the appearance of Wells. Thawne hides the body and pretends to be Wells when the police arrive.
Preparation began January 9, 2015 and ran until January 19, 2015. Shooting began January 20, 2015 and ran until January 30, 2015.
- The situation when Eobard Thawne asked Gideon for help, after getting his powers depleted, bears some some resemblance to a scene from the TV show Smallville, featuring another DC character from the future, Booster Gold, also asking an artificial intelligence (called Skeets) for help.
- James Jesse references some famous films and TV shows:
- While describing his latest trick to a work of art, he compares it to "Breaking Bad season 5".
- The scene where James Jesse told Axel "I am your father." is taken from Mark Hamill's most famous role as Luke Skywalker. In which, Darth Vader revealed he is Luke's father in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.
- When the Flash has a bomb placed on his wrist, James Jesse compares his predicament to the film Speed.
- Axel placing a bomb on Flash's wrist and saying it will explode if he stops running is similar to the 2012 animated film Justice League: Doom where Mirror Master did the same thing under the same threat. Similar to how Barry gets rid of it in the episode by vibrating through a truck, in the film he gets rid of the explosive by vibrating through an iceberg.
- Barry saves a child named Henry from a bomb falling from the sky, similar to Clark Kent saving a child in the CW show Smallville; when a meteor shower hit the titular town, Clark uses his superspeed to save another kid named Henry from a falling meteor.
- Harrison Wells talks to Barry about learning to phase by immersing him and calming him down. Barry uses this same technique in "", even having a flashback to that moment.
- ↑ Flash Episode 17 “Tricksters” Description – Mark Hamill Guest Stars! - FlashTVNews
- ↑ Andrew Kresiberg (@AJKreisberg) - Twitter
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|