Member of the Crime Syndicate
At some point after the particle accelerator explosion in 2014, Ultraman joined four other hyperhumans - Eddie Thawne/Johnny Quick, Bruce Wayne/Owlman, Power Ring, and Superwoman - to form the Crime Syndicate of America and take control of the United States. Each member reigned over a different part of the country.
- The following took place in an alternate timeline where Flashpoint never happened.
Invading another Earth
In 2018, Owlman built a device that could create an interdimensional breach in order to escape the annihilation of their universe by the Anti-Matter Man. The breach was opened in Central City and the Crime Syndicate broke Johnny Quick out of jail. Upon arriving from the breach to another Earth, Ultraman started creating chaos for fun with his fellow Syndicate members.
During a battle with some of this universe's heroes, Ultraman fought Power Ring when they wanted to kill the same hero. Later, Ultraman pursued and tried to kill a red speedster after the latter provoked him. During the chase, Ultraman was hit with a Kryptonite arrow, which angered and made him stronger. Ultraman then tried to kill the archer who shot at him, but was he was teleported away by a Breacher. Later, Ultraman chased the red speedster again but this time, he was hit with a firework arrow which temporarily disabled his powers, allowing the heroes to arrest him with the rest of the Syndicate.
After being locked in the pipeline, Ultraman made a deal with the Flash and gave him information about Owlman being the one who built the device which breached them to this Earth. Unbeknownst to Ultraman however, his reward from the Flash was having extra fries included with his Big Belly Burger delivery instead of a release.
Powers and abilities
- Hyperhuman physiology: Ultraman's physiology gave him unique powers.
- Flight: Ultraman is able to manipulate his own gravitational field, allowing him to fly.
- Heat vision: Ultraman is capable of emitting energy beams of intense heat from his eyes, just like Kara Danvers.
- Superhuman durability: Ultraman's body durability is considerably stronger than a human.
- Super strength: Ultraman has incredibly enhanced strength.
- Kryptonite absorption: Ultraman can absorb Kryptonite to become stronger.
- Solar energy: Ultraman will temporary lose his hyperhuman powers if he is exposed to enough concentrated solar energy.
Behind the scenes
- In DC Comics, Ultraman is a member of the Crime Syndicate of Earth 3 and the evil counterpart of Superman who gets stronger upon exposure to Green Kryptonite.
- The ambiguity of Ultraman's species is a nod to him being the last known Kryptonian on Earth 3.