Hi, welcome to Arrowverse Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Characters from the DC comics page.
I only removed him because, if I am not mistaken, he wasn't named. The girl was revealed to be Rosie, and I am pretty sure the guy with the hammer was called by someone Jack (Jackhammer, obviously) but the third guy was never named. I might be wrong but I don't remember hearing his name. If someone finds the actual credits from the episode, showing his name as "Hardhat", it's all good but without confirmation from a reliable official source (IMDB or DC database aren't considered reliable cause they are editable) I don't think we can include him in the list. I am pretty sure he wasn't even included as part of the guest cast in that episode's official description (see "", guest stars section), unlike the other two, and we don't even know the actor, who played him. This is probably why there isn't an actual article about him on the wiki, because of lack of information. In the comics, the Demolition Team has several members, so how do we know that he is Hardhat and not Scoopshovel or Steamroller or an original, very minor, character.--TG90 (talk) 17:06, March 15, 2016 (UTC)
RE:Re-naming the Blog Post
I've renamed the blog. Also, for the two images you uploaded, mind reuploading them as PNG's and also license and categorize them per our image policies?TIMESHADE |Talk/Wall| - |C| 23:56, October 23, 2016 (UTC)
- No problem. And as long as the page is much more detailed then it should be fine. It was previously deleted as it basically had no content and due to lack of content and poor formatting, it looked like it was for a character who had no significance to the plot.TIMESHADE |Talk/Wall| - |C| 00:22, October 24, 2016 (UTC)
RE:Renamed characters from the comics
RE:Royal Flush Gang
yea, it wasn't confirmed so it was good to have the clarification that they may not be the same people. As for image naming, please in the future add spaces between words. Just makes it cleaner plus helps SEO a tad better.TIMESHADE |Talk/Wall| - |C| 23:43, November 3, 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for pointing it out, changed the page name. Also, seen you do it before, so I know that you know and just leaving a friendly reminder to license and categorize your images.TIMESHADE |Talk/Wall| - |C| 07:10, November 7, 2016 (UTC)
RE:Characters Infobox on User's Page
If you can dig up the old source code, then yes. We changed to the portable infobox a while back, which Wikia implemented so it's more mobile friendly and we've used CSS to make it look like our previous infobox but the code on the template is really simple now.TIMESHADE |Talk/Wall| - |C| 17:03, November 9, 2016 (UTC)
RE:A Few Questions
- You're always free to update infobox images from more recent episodes (or more recent in the timeline), just overwrite the current file instead of uploading a new one.
- I can see your point but acting wasn't really involved, so perhaps the character page is enough for now.
- Not sure what the other admins would say but on another wiki I admin on, I have category. It potentially could be useful here in the future.
- Which objects do you have in mind?
- 3) Hmm, for media exclusive to this universe depnds how much we know about it.
- 4) Well, I guess if there is enough info at least that references from comics or real world then sure I guess, as long as it isn't a simple page.TIMESHADE |Talk/Wall| - |C| 03:52, November 14, 2016 (UTC)
RE: League of Justice members and others
Oh no that's alright, don't feel ashamed! We really do need to clarify somewhere, but yeah so long as it's clearly someone's name, then it should be included! —MakeShift (talk page) 06:50, November 20, 2016 (UTC)
RE: Billy Wintergreen
We "name characters who were only named in the end credits" because that's exactly the point: they were only named in the end credits. In the case of Billy Wintergreen, it's been made clear that he was obviously some sort of proto-Deathstroke before they decided what they'd do with the character, hence why he was never actually called it on-screen. It has a place in the article, as it currently is, but I believe it's been made clear in-universe that Slade's "Deathstroke" name came about after his time on Lian Yu, completely unrelated to Billy. "Deathstroke" was a production/promotional name, in this case. —MakeShift (talk page) 02:11, November 28, 2016 (UTC)
I was tempted to restore the page, but in line with the notability policy, calling it "that" helmet does not count as a name. It's like seeing a dog and saying that its name is "that" dog because your friend said "hey look at that dog". Not to mention, I honestly don't think it counts as important or significant. It's notable, sure, but that's purely because it is a rich reference. It had no part to play whatsoever in the episode. —MakeShift (talk page) 03:04, December 5, 2016 (UTC)
What went wrong
When you used the ref names, you forgot to close the ref. In terms of ref names, you can close it in the ref, so <ref name="Episode name"/>. Don't worry, sometimes I check in preview and look at my screen on what I did wrong in the code for a few minutes. Happens to us all.TIMESHADE |Talk/Wall| - |C| 23:24, December 9, 2016 (UTC)
Dr Fate's helmet Constantine cameo mentioned in script
Hi! You discussed the cameo of Dr Fate's helmet on Constantine when its article was deleted last year. I just came across a copy of that episode's script, which mentions it directly (as "Doctor Fate's Gold Helmet"), and started a discussion on the forum about whether that's enough to consider it canon. Would be great to hear your thoughts. Cheers. --xensyriaT 21:17, February 1, 2017 (UTC)
I believe it's your turn now to cover the rankings. Just a reminder to somewhat be relative to the previous week so it's not a complete overhaul of the rankings unless you have really good justification.TIMESHADE |Talk/Wall| - |C| 18:08, May 4, 2017 (UTC)
RE: Situation with Wolfe(s)
I'll admit there is a tiny bit of inconsistency. I'd say perhaps we open a community discussion, as that could be the best way to get opinions out there and decide. —MakeShift (talk page) 13:40, November 2, 2017 (UTC)
RE: Barry's Weaknesses
- Please make no mistake, I would never be such a fanboy as to make anyone look infallible. I am of course keeping his weaknesses shown like cold temperatures and electrical absorption. But Barry never had to deal with zero-gravity or other such problems that Eobard did.--Steveo920 (talk) 22:53, November 6, 2017 (UTC)
RE: God mentioned
RE: Vigilante merger
Apologies, I'd actually already merged the two, but then my browser had a bit of a malfunction, so I had to go back and do a bit of the work again, so I'd already merged them. But thank you for your hard work, it's much appreciated! —MakeShift (talk page) 03:43, November 10, 2017 (UTC)
- Oh no, not at all! It's a welcome inclusion to the Recent Changes feed! —MakeShift (talk page) 03:51, November 10, 2017 (UTC)
First, I am sorry for doing this, but keep in mind that someone else did it before me. He said "What proof do we have of Metallo being a cyborg, and not just a robot". This was not started by me like you said "Another pointless edit war started by Ninja72". You did not have to be so rude, you know that Also, how is same voice actor proof? Also, I usually do not remove so much content, so "Stop destroying our hard work, because of your subjective opinion" was a bit out of place.Ninja72 (talk) 13:51, December 3, 2017 (UTC)
You are having a hospital check, right now? Are you ok? And, I admit I have been undoing a lot of edits in the last few months, but I am starting to get better. For example once, I thought that we should redirect the Alchemy page to Julian Albert once again, and I specifically asked kir the wizard about it. Also, when one user added formerly to the List of magical powers, after he undid my edit, I discussed it with him on our talk pages instead of just straight up undoing it, to avoid an edit war. Also, unlike some other users, I at least follow the spoiler policy, so I do not think I am such a bad user.Ninja72 (talk) 14:17, December 3, 2017 (UTC)
RE:Characters from the DC comics, again.
I am sorry that you feel this way. I definitely do not intend to do any "edit-warring", as you mentioned (I didn't even know what it meant tbh). I've spent a huge amount of hours editing this page through the past six years and it's current format, as well as, the Allusions to the DC Universe page are stuff that I personally had tried to establish for all of these years, personally working with the admins, some other users, like yourself, and so on. So I might be a bit too strong-opinionated sometimes when I edit it. However, I only try to keep the page consistent as I find many users add many stuff that should not be included there and then there is a huge amount of clean up that needs to be done.
I believe you are right about Ares afterall. I will add him back on the list, he is indeed quite an important character in the comics to be left out. However, I do try to be a bit careful when we deal with real deities as the page is specifically for DC properties. What I think we should do from now on is to always be aware of the context they are mentioned. If it is implied that the nod is about the comic book character, we add them, if there is just a generic mentioning of a well known real-life figure, we don't. (see Anansi)
Unfortunately, I don't see how Sandy Palmer is the same as Sue Palmer, besides having both of those names start with an "S" and being mothers to Ray. In my opinion, there has to be a real connection between the comic and the show version. In the example of Thea, you have the "Dearden" name being part of her full name as well as her fake alias of "Mia", plus the fact that she is Speedy. So she has three names to verify that she is a version of Mia Dearden/Speedy. In the case of Starling Slasher, I am honestly not sure if he should be on the list. Maybe what you suggested in sub-sections might solve this problem. However, if we add Sandy Palmer, then we would get remarks such as "Why don't we add Joe West, his last name is West and he is Iris' father." This should not be the correct criteria that would make characters qualify. Joe was not created for the comics or inspired by them, he is the show's creation. If her name was Sandy Sue Palmer or even Susan Palmer, where we could say "Sue" is her nickname, then it would be fine.
I just try to be consistent on what we should include as DC comic property and what as not one. If you are willing to work together on this maybe we could find a solution. I would also really like for you to share more of your ideas on these sub-sections you mentioned.
Re:The Man in the Yellow Suit
Re:Vigilante in Star City Trust Bank
Re: Why Chas Chandler is a vigilante
Actually, I finished watching it today. I asked TimeShade about it, and he said they do not, because the law does not handle what demons do, and demons are not registered citizens.Ninja72 (talk) 20:40, December 15, 2017 (UTC)
I have not received an answer, but here is a counterpoint to your argument, the law does not deal with dead people.
Characters from other sources appearing in the comics
Hello. I see your point for the characters from other sources. Also, if you check the Allusions to the DC Universe page you will find the Miscellaneous category where I added the Characters adapted as objects, concepts or groups. Instead of just removing them from the page I just transferred them on this other page. Honestly, I believe that the page is getting too crowded with all the new subcategories and it might get a bit too confusing for people to navigate through the page. I believe that they better fit in the Allusions page because if you think about it they are not adapted as characters in the Arrowverse so why would they be in the characters page? I know they are characters in the comics but they are merely used as small general nods to the comics. I feel like they better fit in Allusions. Moreover, the Miscellaneous title is far less confusing than Characters adapted as objects, concepts or groups.--TG90 (talk) 22:00, December 16, 2017 (UTC)
- On another note, I am still a bit conflicted with the renamed characters. Take Joe West for example, he has nothing in common with Ira or William West. If you check the characters in the comics, you'll see. Can we say that he is a renamed version based solely on the fact that they are both Iris' father. In my mind he is more of an original character. The same applies to the other characters. What do you think?--TG90 (talk) 22:27, December 16, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes I have read the comics as a matter of fact and I still don't understand how you think the Earth X character is based on Langford. There have been many versions of the Ray in the comics. Some from Earth-1/New Earth/Prime Earth and some from Earth-X/Earth-10. Both versions are accurate. You cannot say however that he is based on Happy Terrill just because he was the first Ray in the comics. There is no Happy Terrill on the show. Keep the Earth X version on the list but remove the Happy Terril comment from the notes.--TG90 (talk) 23:12, December 16, 2017 (UTC)
I changed it, because the image of this Killer Frost is in the images of Caitlin Snow category, and it would make more sense for this to be Earth One Caitlin, because "Wells" said Barry can see the past, present and future, not alternate Earths.Ninja72 (talk) 21:21, December 16, 2017 (UTC)
TimeShade has informed me that if I see the Season 1, I should take it off. It's one of those things that could go either way, but we need to be consistent throughout the wiki. ~~IHH dt 18:36, March 26, 2018 (UTC)
Re:Freedom Fighters:The Ray main cst
It wasnt Chowder 95, who did this, it was The Director of Shield http://arrow.wikia.com/wiki/Freedom_Fighters:_The_Ray?diff=351497&oldid=350827. I actually messaged Kir about this on his talk page.Ninja72 (talk) 23:29, April 3, 2018 (UTC)
The comic itself, if you've read it, reads "With each gangbanger he puts away... each drug dealer... mobster... and psycho...", which seems to strongly indicate that it's being used as a descriptor. It's definitely an Onomatopoeia reference, but it's really not significant in the slightest, especially as "psycho" itself is a very vague descriptor for a page title to begin with. —MakeShift (talk page) 15:51, May 14, 2018 (UTC)
- We do have a few pages like the sentry that probably should be deleted. He is an actual character, obviously, but that doesn't warrant him deserving a page. Also, to be clear, he's only described as a psycho, that's almost definitely not his name. That'd just be horribly out of place if it were. —MakeShift (talk page) 16:06, May 14, 2018 (UTC)
- I get where you're coming from, but for all intents and purposes his appearance in the comic was really only meant to be an easter egg, and he played absolutely no significant part and was not actually named, thus I wouldn't see a reason for creating such a page. —MakeShift (talk page) 16:24, May 14, 2018 (UTC)
- As well, regarding Category:Images of Psycho, please use the OfCharacter template for Images of Character categories from now on. Thanks, ~~IHH dt 22:37, May 14, 2018 (UTC)
Scripts and Codes
Hey, just to touch up, you don't have to put m instead of (mentioned), m is just a shortcut. I had typed up announcements of this, but the admins never posted it. So, I do apologize for this, but I have been trying. $ \int $ IHH dt 12:20, Feb 14, 2020 (UTC)
- I will double check it. It is an issue that we have known about for a while now. The Wikia staff have said that it is due to users using the VisualEditor which is chalk-full of problems in itself. Some notes on the edits you have done today, images need to abide by our Image policies. If it is a screenshot from an episode, we add the Image-screenshot template to the page. If it is of cast and crew, we add it to the category, Category:Images of cast and crew. As for differentiating between the two Flash shows, under appearances the (CBS) and (The CW) do not need to be italicized. Regarding the 1990 Flash shows, the admins still do not want a ton of material on that yet. So please hold off on adding more information at the current moment. But be sure to look out for an announcement that will tell us when we can have information about it. $ \int $ IHH dt 12:20, Feb 14, 2020 (UTC)
RE:Powers and abilities
Oh, I apologize if I caused any inconvenience. With that said, I've taken some time off from the wiki so I don't remember what page(s) I made that change on. Could you please point them out so that I may remember? ~ COƧMO THE CHOCOBO | TALK? | at 11:54, Mar 21, 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you for apologizing, I understand how you feel. I saw some of the article pages on humans such as Lois Lane, the (seemingly) popular Laurel Lance (Earth-1) page, and etc. only have Abilities as their section. Maybe ask an admin for clarification? Anyways, happy editing! ~ COƧMO THE CHOCOBO | TALK? | at 15:15, Mar 21, 2019 (UTC)
RE: Keanu Reeves
I deleted the "disambigs" at the top because we have the doppelgänger template at the bottom so we don't have to clutter up the top with those comments. That's why this way made. Also, my edits did not cause all of the glitches. It is with the things that MediaWiki uses. I find it quite interesting though that the glitches happen to some and not to others. For example, I don't know why but it always glitches for Ninja72 but it never does for MakeShift. This means it isn't with the code of the templates itself, but rather with the code of the system or the internet browser that they're using. I don't know the issue, but you can read the code. There may be a tiny error, but there isn't a glitch. All of the things used are perfectly normal for other wikis. You can look around. I personally don't care for the Multiverse counterpart as it is essentially just Multiverse. But others may like it; I'm not the final say. $ \int $ IHH dt 12:20, Feb 14, 2020 (UTC)
A problem, called Skrtskrt74
There is a vandal called Skrtskrt74, could you please delete his stupid article? И привет украинцу от украинца)
- Yeah, you can go ahead and add them, it just won't run anymore templates. We've hit the maximum number of nodes for this page. We can still add materials to it. I'm going to see what the other admins want to do. Probably split the page or think of a better way to lay out this page that would minimize the number of nodes we use. $ \int $ IHH dt 12:20, Feb 14, 2020 (UTC)
I removed it because we (at least as of right now) are treating Earth-1 Mia a separate character from Earth-Prime Mia. I did not remove it from Earth-Prime Mia, just Earth-1 Mia.Ninja72 (talk) 22:18, January 17, 2020 (UTC)
I am aware that his first name is Harrison in the old multiverse. I was saying that if we really go by this "if something is not explicitly stated to be the same as in the old multiverse then we should not say it is", then technically the name Harrison has never been mentioned for the post-Crisis version. I was using this as an example of how this wiki already uses "assumptions" based on the old multiverse.Ninja72 (talk) 22:37, January 17, 2020 (UTC)