- For other uses of "Kid Flash", see Kid Flash.
Vince Everett is a criminal operating in Central City known as Kid Flash.
Vince committed a large number of crimes, described by Lt. Warren Garfield as "[everything] short of rape and murder". He even kept a collection of superheroes who tried to stop him. On one such occasion, he was nearly arrested by Officers Bellows and Murphy, only for him to use false hands and steal Bellows' badge, escaping. He made his way to the back entrance of S.T.A.R. Labs. He walked into a closed room, whereupon he was caught in an experiment, exposed to a number of hazardous chemicals being electrocuted. He shook it off, running out of the building and past some police officers who'd followed him. He realized he had gained superhuman speed, and so ran away at haste.
During his escape, Vince ran past more police officers, who radioed ahead for a road block. He threw gravel at them and, coupled with his speed, it caused gas tanks to explode. He ran away from the explosion, but was pursued by the Flash. Asking for his name, Vince elected to call himself "Kid Flash", before losing the Flash. Appreciating his badge collection, he attached some to his jacket and headed to rob a jewelry store. He moved on to a police ceremony, stealing all of their badges, including one man's long-service badge. The Flash again intercepted him, attempting to stop him with paint, but Kid Flash grabbed some more paint and caused a vehicle crash. They ran to a fair, where the Flash stole Vince's jacket, much to his annoyance. Vince attempted to steal it back, while the Flash threw obstacles his way, slowly annoying Vince more and more. Vince finally slowed when he vibrated too fast, phasing through a target. Too exhausted to go on, he was taken away by police.
Powers and abilities
- Meta-human physiology: Vince was given powers after accidentally walking into an experiment conducted by Dr. Tina McGee, intended to reproduce the effects of what happened to Barry Allen.
- Bodily vibration: Vince can vibrate his body at a high frequency, enough so to become intangible to physical objects.
- Intangibility: By vibrating himself at such a high frequency, Vince has shown to be able to move through physical objects, though this has known to tire him out much quicker than simply running.
- Superhuman speed: Vince can run at incredibly fast speeds, even outpacing the Flash.
- Skilled deceiver: Vince is terrific at deception, being able to evade police officers while committing a large number of crimes. One such instance of this involved him being handcuffed, only to reveal that he was using fake hands.
- Expert thief: Vince was able to convince a police officer to let him look at his police badge, only to steal it and make away with it.
- Hyper-metabolism: While moving at superhuman speeds, Vince needs to continually eat food, or he will grow tired rather quickly; however, noticeably less quick than Barry Allen.