- "Brains are so terribly fragile. Disconnect someone too fast and they might lose some memory... or their life."
- —Vril Dox to Supergirl[src]
Vril was hired by Facet Jens to frame Winn Schott for funding and aiding terrorism. When Kara accesses Winn's computer, Vril presents himself falsely as an A.I. system called V.R.I.L., and pretends to be a creation of Schott's. He figures out Kara's secret identity and plans to expose her, then he electrocutes James Olsen from through Winn's computer. Later, Vril is tracked down by Kara with the aid of Winn and an hacker he knew, and Kara easily defeated him, after which he was arrested by D.E.O..
Powers and abilities
- Yodix physiology: Being a Yodix, Vril's physiology allows him to alter his body shape and interact with technology.
- Genius-level intellect/Computer specialist/Expert computer hacker: Vril was a highly intelligent individual, he was able to hack into the internal computers of National City.
Adventures of Supergirl
- Unlike Indigo, Vril Dox's race was changed from Coluan to Yodix. In the DC comics, the planet Colu, was previously known as Yod or Yod-Colu. However, on Supergirl, Yod is presented as a totally different planet altogether.
Behind the scenes
- In the mainstream DC comics, Vril Dox, also known as Brainiac 2, is considered to be the heir of the well known enemy of Superman, Brainiac. Originally a native Coluan and the adopted son of the Computer of Colu, he was later reimagined as his clone. The character was created by Edmond Hamilton, Cary Bates and Curt Swan, debuting in Superman #167 (1964). In later storylines, the name "Vril Dox" and his status as a Coluan have been used for the original Brainiac instead, making him a techno-organic being rather than just an A.I.
- Another version of Brainiac is mentioned in the Supergirl episode "".