- "It's called the Waverider. It's been my ship for over a decade. Shall we?"
- —Rip Hunter introducing his new team to the Waverider.[src]
After the Time Masters refused to help Rip Hunter in his quest to rid history of Vandal Savage, Rip took his time-ship, traveling to the year 2016 to recruit chosen heroes and villains as part of a team. After they accepted his offer, he took them aboard the ship and they traveled to 1975 to meet Dr. Aldus Boardman. While they were mostly all away from the ship, Chronos, employed by the Time Masters, came to damage and break into the ship. However, they were able to re-enter the ship, Rip taking them in to the temporal zone for safety while repairs could be made to the ship. The team decided to remain in 1975 for the time being; however, they traveled to Norway to confront Savage at a nuclear weapon auction. After Carter Hall was murdered by Savage and Rip "killed" Savage in turn, the team traveled to 1986.
During 1986, the Waverider camouflaged itself upon landing around the perimeter of the Pentagon to intercept files of Savage's whereabouts. After a failed mission, the ship traveled to Moscow to confront renowned scientist Valentina Vostok. Through the Waverider's inventory, Gideon (the ship's AI computer) handed out capsules that enabled the larynx to speak any language to Ray Palmer and Leonard Snart as well as dressed them in nice-looking attire. The Waverider traveled to the laboratory in which Vostok works at to get an insight into Savage's plans but failed once again after three members of the team (Palmer, Mick Rory, and Martin Stein) were captured. The Waverider soon hovered down into an anonymous zone where the team discussed a breakout plan. Within the ship, the Waverider provided Snart the attire of a Russian prison guard in order to rescue Rory and Palmer. After all the captured members are rescued, the ship hovered down to get all remaining members on board and evacuated before a nuclear explosion was released upon the prison. However, the Waverider was attacked by the wandering Chronos and unleashed a missile that knocked the ship out of the timestream.
After arriving in Star City of 2046, Rip ordered Gideon to camouflage the Waverider, very soon confronting a mysterious archer. After facing the archer, they quickly returned to the Waverider to discover that it was burning from the interior after an attack and that its main control, Gideon, was not functioning. The team set to fixing the ship in order to get out of the apocalyptic city while others set out to discover the ruins. After the team assisted both the original Green Arrow and the mysterious archer (revealed to be the son of John Diggle) defeat the new Deathstroke and the Waverider was fixed, Rip instructed Gideon to input the coordinates of an unknown location into the ship.
A week later, the Waverider needed an upgrade since all of the information on Vandal Savage has become obsolete. The team was stuck in space until the team rescued a fellow Time Master captain, Eve Baxter. The captain gave the Waverider new intel on Vandal Savage. Later on, the Waverider traveled to 1958 Oregon to investigate Vandal's activities there, but then the ship was attacked by Chronos leaving Kendra, Ray and Sara in 1958. Chronos disabled the Waverider's navigation systems so Gideon returned as close in time as she could to 1958, but ended up in 1960. The team finally rescued their teammates who were left behind for two years. They also defeated Chronos, revealed to be Mick Rory, and put him in the Waverider's brig. After getting the full team back, the team traveled 2147 to stop Vandal's evil protege Per Degaton.
The Waverider brought the team to the Kasnia Conglomerate in 2147. Tor Degaton's army surrounded the ship and brought down its cloaking shield. Rip managed to facilitate an exchange of Per Degaton's life for Sara's so Tor Degaton agreed and they escaped on the ship.
Mick revealed that since he failed to bring them all in, the Time Masters would send the Hunters after them. Rip piloted the Waverider to Salvation to hide in the time fragmentation that existed there in 1871.
After the team defeated the Hunters, the Time Masters initiated Omega Protocol triggering the Pilgrim to go after them. The team used the Waverider to rescue their younger selves and in some cases kidnapped their selves as newborns and transported them all to The Refuge. Having failed to target the Legends themselves, the Pilgrim sent a transmission to the Waverider informing the team that she had captured various loved ones of theirs and would execute them unless they turned themselves in. Rip countered with a proposal to give up his younger 10-year-old self in order to spare the lives of his team. The Waverider touched down at an abandoned Time Masters outpost where the Legends ambushed the Pilgrim and defeated her.
Having run out of options, the Waverider next traveled to London 2166 to stop Savage at the height of his power and encountered anti-air fire from a battle between Savage's troops and the remaining resistance. Later, the Legends discovered Savage's superweapon, The Leviathan. Martin brought dozens of refugees on board to rescue them from the giant robot. During their escape, the Leviathan grabbed hold of the ship and threw it into the ground causing severe damage. The team later destroyed the robot, captured Savage and Scythian Torvil, and left 2166.
Ray Palmer used scans of the robot to determine that the Leviathan was more advanced than 2166's technology meaning Savage was manipulating time. Rip took the Waverider on a course to the Vanishing Point to await a trial before the Time Council. Due to the damage sustained from the Leviathan, the time drive was damaged and leaking temporal radiation. Rip sent Jax to repair the drive knowing the imminent risk of exposure that the radiation would have on Jax. Despite this, Jax brought the time drive online but a surge in radiation hit him causing him to age rapidly. Martin then sent Jax off of the Waverider into the jump ship back to 2016 since the time jump would reverse the side-affects. The Waverider then arrived at the Vanishing Point where Rip brought Savage before Druce and the Time Council. However, the Time Masters and Savage were working together the whole time so the Time Masters took control of the Waverider and boarded the ship, capturing Ray, Kendra, Mick, and Martin.
Sara and Leonard hid in one of the Waverider's compartments underneath the floor panels to avoid detection from the Time Masters. After sabotaging the rest of the Time Fleet, Sara and Leonard escaped the Vanishing Point and fired on space station to distract the Time Masters. After Leonard broke the rest of the team out, they reconvened in the Waverider. The Time Masters locked onto the ship with a tractor beam but they used Chronos’ suit to override the commands and disable the tractor beam.
Vandal Savage ultimate plan was revealed and the Waverider was used to travel 1958, 1976, and 2021 in order to stop Savage in three time periods. Mick Rory decided to let Leonard Snart stay in the present while Hawkman and Hawkgirl also decided to spend time in 2016. Before the team could board the Waverider to protect the timeline, a future version of the Waverider arrived and Rex Tyler revealed that the team can not board without causing their impending deaths.
Sometime after their encounter with Rex, Rip had Jax build a library and make numerous other repairs and upgrades to the time ship. The Waverider ferried the Legends to their mission in 1637 France to protect Louis XIII. After 1637, the Waverider took the team to New York City 1942. The Legends kidnapped Albert Einstein and kept him in the ship's brig. The Legends failed to stop Damien Darhk from acquiring an atomic bomb. While chasing Darhk, Rip had Jax install a time scatter function on the bridge. Rip realized the only way to stop the bomb hitting New York City was to have the Waverider collide with it underwater so he used the emergency time scatter function to evacuate the Legends. He then put Mick into stasis in the medical bay and escaped without a trace before the bomb hit the ship sending it to the bottom of the ocean where it remained until 2016.
In 2016, Nate Heywood contacted Oliver Queen for help and after convincing him of his friends being in trouble, they found the Waverider at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean with Mick Rory in hibernation stasis. They then listened as Mick told them of how the Waverider ended up there and of their adventures in 1637 France and 1942 New York City. Oliver returned to Star City but Nate stayed on board and used his time detective skills to track the rest of the Legends. Mick piloted the Waverider to South Dakota in 70 Million BC to rescue Ray, then to Tintagel 821 to rescue Jax and Martin, and finally to Salem 1693 to rescue Sara. After all the Legends were back aboard the Waverider, Gideon played Rip's farewell message for them telling them all to carry on without him.
The Justice Society of America told the Legends to leave 1942, but they had the Waverider return them to Paris 1942 after Nate discovered his grandfather and the rest of the JSA were going to die. They later brought the JSA onto the ship but they weren't impressed with the futuristic technology. During the mission to retrieve the Askaran Amulet from Baron Krieger, Martin (acting as the newly christened Captain) monitored the Legends and JSA from the Waverider. After the initial mission was unsuccessful, the Legends and JSA reconvened aboard the ship where Martin deferred leadership to Sara. After they rescued Ray and Amaya and retrieved the amulet, the Waverider ferried everyone back to New York City and JSA said their goodbyes to the Legends.
The Waverider left 1942, but Amaya, believing Mick to be Rex Tyler's killer, managed to sneak onto the ship and incapacitate the most of the crew. She had a knife to Mick's throat but Nate used his newfound steel abilities to knock out Amaya and saved Mick. Amaya was put in the brig before being interrogated by Sara. Amaya was released when she agreed not to kill Mick. Later, Ray and Nate tested the steel powers in the cargo bay. Nate punched Ray too hard slamming Ray into the hull and opening a hole to the outside temporal zone. Nate got sucked out and Ray went after him, but the damage caused the ship to lose control and the ship couldn't retrieve them before they fell into feudal Japan in 1641. Jax and Martin later repaired the damage and discovered a secret armory that Rip hid from the rest of the crew containing a message from Barry Allen of 2056.
After the Legends broke time, the Waverider was reclaimed by the Time Bureau. For five years Gideon was shut down and the ship was used as a simulator. After learning Julius Caesar was in Aruba, the Legends stole back the ship. The team was eventually entrusted with the responsibility of taking point to deal with the aberrations caused by the defeat of the Legion of Doom, followed by their new responsibility to stop the magical creatures unleashed by Mallus's defeat.
The Waverider has 36 compartments in total, each varying in use. The ship is equipped with multiple amenities, including personal quarters for the primary crew, an ornate office for the Captain, a fully stocked galley, and a medical bay that can perform an astonishing variety of medicinal and surgical procedures which are typically administered by Gideon. The Waverider is also large enough to house an undisclosed but large number of people aside from its crew in the event of an emergency. A holographic instruction manual for the ship's engines, machinery, and computer operating systems can also be found aboard. The vehicle is capable of protecting its crew from the g-forces that would otherwise wreak havoc on their bodies, though it does not protect them from the side effects of time jumping. Almost all systems on the ship can be accessed directly by Gideon, though there are protocols that prevent her from doing so unless directed by the Captain, and those that Rip Hunter expressly prohibited in order to maintain his secrets. Aside from traveling through time, the Waverider can travel through space in hyperspace and can also create tractor beams that can capture and contain other ships or objects, like a Dominator ship. The ship is filled with hidden high-resolution security cameras, and can create holographic projections of people or objects. Additionally, the Waverider is capable of communicating with other time ships. In addition to this, the Waverider is also able to travel through water, however, it is much more difficult than traveling through the air.
Compartments in the Waverider
- Bridge: The bridge is where the ship is piloted from, usually from the Captain's chair. Located at the front of the ship, the bridge has viewports that allow the crew to see the outside or view the temporal zone. It also has a central console where Gideon can talk to the crew in a holographic form as well as for accessing information needed for their various missions. The bridge has multiple passenger chairs to fit additional crew members. These passenger chairs can change the configuration to suit different amounts of crew members such as an 8-person semicircular pattern around the central console or a conglomerate between the captain's chair and the console. At some point before the Legends' mission to 1942, Rip had Jax install a time scattering function on the bridge in case of emergency evacuation that transports all of the crew to different times and places and is to be used only as a last resort. The bridge was also upgraded, with a new control console for the captain's chair and the seats moved to be right behind it.
- Captain's office ("Parlour"): The office is where many of the Legend's missions are discussed. Paper maps, documents, and other antique decorations are stored in here. The office is adorned with many different artifacts such as Sgt. Rock's helmet, a bucket helmet, and various others. Rip Hunter could often be found in here when contemplating his mission or reflecting on memories of Miranda and Jonas. Holographic projections can be created as well. The office has an old feel, paneled in fine wood with antique lighting. The office currently belongs to Sara.
- Library: After the Legends defeated Vandal Savage, Rip Hunter had Jax build a library in the Waverider. It is equipped with computer screens and is sometimes where planning for missions is done. Sara privately used the library repeatedly so as to keep tabs on Damien Darhk should the opportunity arise to exact revenge. Like the office, the Library is adorned with various artifacts from many different time periods including hundreds of books, stone busts, fossils, and pottery. Nate Heywood kept the time seismograph in the library to pinpoint time quakes. With Nate at the Time Bureau, it was moved to the parlor, and the library currently houses John Constantine.
- Crew quarters: Crew members each have their own living areas that vary in size, space, and look. Ray and Kendra's quarters were generally clean and left basic, with computer screens that could show various background scenes like beach vistas or forests. Mick's quarters are darker lit, piled around with junk and various objects like the case containing the Cold Gun and presumably loot that Mick and Leonard stole from various time periods. At times, quarters can have force-fields activated to keep people inside. Leonard used this function so that he could talk to Mick after he was forcibly taken from 2046.
- Fabrication room: The fabrication room is where the Legends obtain clothing specific to the era they are in. Additionally, it isn't limited and can produce clothing from any era. This allows the Legends to blend in while fixing aberrations. As well as clothing, the fabricator can create weapons and other items like ingested translators and a knight's gauntlet. It's possible that the period of clothing may be made of future materials, so as not to be uncomfortable. Ray and Nate came here occasionally to discuss the time periods they were visiting, and this was also where Ray forged the Steel suit.
- Galley and dining room: The Galley is equipped with food and drinks for the crew. Additionally, the galley has a fridge containing beer that was able to survive and remain functional even after 74 years underwater. Mick could often be found in the galley eating or sometimes reflecting on Leonard's demise or the missions at hand. Mick and Leonard were disappointed by the amount of sugar-free foods that the galley contained. The galley also has its own food fabricator capable of making food and drinks for the crew. Mick has noted that he dislikes the food, as "it tastes fake." The Legends also held a Christmas dinner and Nate's farewell party in the galley.
- The alcohol at least seems to taste better, as Mick only complained about the taste when Leo reprogrammed the computer to produce non-alcoholic beverages.
- Medical bay: The medical bay is where the crew and any passengers go to receive medical treatments for injuries or illnesses. The med bay has a futuristic 3-D printer-like device that can construct new limbs, which gave Leonard a new hand after he froze and broke his hand off to escape Chronos. It is equipped with various sedatives and futuristic medicines that Gideon often administers to mend injuries. There are two black chairs at a 180-degree angle, electronic displays, and extremely advanced future medical technology. Gideon monitors patient vital signs and can cauterize simple knife wounds, though this leaves a scar. Gideon can also assist with superficial alterations, such as when she stimulated Ray's hair follicles to give him a mustache. The med bay is capable of keeping passengers in stasis for extended periods of time. Rip used this function to keep Mick in stasis for 74 years after the Waverider crashed off the coast of New York City.
- Cargo bay: The cargo bay is a room that is often used to store various equipment, such as Sara's weaponry and Ray's exosuit. It is oftentimes used as a lounge space for Sara, Leonard, and Mick. Sara and Leonard would often play card games here. The bay was also used at times for training. Sara and Kendra held many of their combat training sessions in here; Ray and Nate used the hold to test out Nate's steel abilities, blowing a hole to the outside temporal zone in the process. The bay also has a door hatch that is used for entering and exiting the ship.
- Engine room: The engine room is where the Waverider's engines and time drive are kept. The room has two large spherical/cylindrical orbs that fill much of the center of the room. Repairing the time drive can be dangerous due to the accelerated aging that can occur when hit with the time drive's radiation. In his downtime, Jax studied the Waverider's manual so that he could effectively repair the Waverider and is often found in here whenever the ship needs tuning up.
- Brig: This room houses a chamber used to keep prisoners aboard the Waverider. It is a simple rectangular room with a cell in the middle with three transparent walls that can only be opened by the crew. According to Rip, the brig is not suitable for long term containment.
- Secret armory: For reasons unknown, Rip kept this room a secret from the rest of the Legends. This room wasn't discovered until Jefferson Jackson and Martin Stein investigated a 36th compartment of the timeship that Gideon had mentioned. This room contains dozens of weapons on display and a console containing a voice message from Barry Allen of 2056.
- Bathroom: The bathroom has only been seen once; it is revealed by Jax that this is the only one on the ship. A major flaw. There is also, according to Mona, "so many buttons" on a "future toilet." Both Mick and Sara warned her not to press the red button.
- Secret Trapdoor
- Laundry Room: This room was seen in the subconscious of Zari Tarazi. While in a time loop created by Gideon's matrix, Zari memorized and wrote an entire conversation held here and pranked Ray and Mick.
- Trash Compactor: Zari also discovered this room while in Gideon's matrix, in which Gary Green accidentally teleported here and established a time loop to protect the Waverider while they figured out what was going on.
- Stein's secret laboratory/Rays lab: This room was originally a storage room however it was later converted into a lab by Martin Stein. Where Martin spent most of the time trying to find a way to split up Firestorm. Ray also completes many of his experiments in this room, including his attempt at breaking up Firestorm and the reconstruction of the Fire Totem by utilizing a cold fusion generator. This room contains a containment barrier generator which later replaced the Brig.
- Gym: Next door to the lab, Nate and Amaya presumably exercised in the gym during their respective times as Legends. Amaya went here to release her anger when she discovered her connection to Kuasa, and Nate lifted dumbbells while discussing with Ray the latter's time in custody of Nora Darhk.
- Storage: This is where the Legends keep momentos they don't keep in their rooms, along with the equipment they do not use regularly. Snart's parkas were kept here, which helped the Legends out in Nip/Stuck
The Waverider has a multitude of highly advanced Time Masters and Time Bureau systems and technology other than an advanced A.I. system named Gideon presumed to be modeled off the one created by Barry Allen at some point in the future, also named Gideon. One of the Waverider's power systems is a time drive, and it is presumed by, Ray Palmer, to have an ionic propulsion system.
- Ray have speculated that The Waverider utilizes ionic propulsion. however Martin Stein disagreed and stated that's impossible since even advanced technology could not sustain an ionic reaction. Ray although states it would be possible if you stabilized the quantum flux. Sara Lance has also made reference to turbines and Rip Hunter made reference to a Throttle which usually is the mechanism by which fluid flow is managed by constriction or obstruction adjusting engine power.
- Security cameras: The Waverider is filled with hidden high-resolution security cameras that record every compartment, which in case of tampering can also be accessed through a backup feed.
- Timeline tracking: Gideon monitors the timeline in order to pinpoint Aberrations for the Legends.
- Magic-o-meter: Ray Palmer reverse engineered Time Bureau technology so that the Legends could track Magical fugitives. Gideon is able to tune it to a specific magical frequency as shown when she tuned it to John Constantines.
- Prognosticator: Ava Sharpe created a new program on the Waverider for Gideon called The Prognosticator which can pinpoint Encores before they can change the timeline.
- Tractor beam: The Waverider also features a tractor beam, an attenuated beam of gravity that projects from the bottom of the ship that can attract objects to the ship or can be reversed to repel objects away as seen during "".
- Cloak shield: The Waverider is equipped with holographic indigenous camouflage projection technology that keeps it hidden while in a foreign time period.
- Life support: The Waverider has its own life support systems as mentioned when Jon Valor stated that he was only targeting the Waverider's life support systems during "".
- Waste disposal unit: Gary Green stated he scoured every inch of the waste disposal unit to find the Loom of Fate at the end of "".
- Medical scan: Gideon scans her patients for any abnormalities in order to treat them.
- X-Ray: Gideon performed an X-ray on John Constantine after Astra Logue sped up his cancer.
- Stasis: The Waverider's medical bay is capable of putting a person into stasis, freezing them in time. As shown when Rip Hunter placed Mick Rory in stasis for several decades before being woken up by Oliver Queen and Nate Heywood.
- Cryogenic storage: The medical bay of The Waverider has a cryogenic storage facility for holding human remains as mentioned in "".
- Medicine fabricators: The Medbay has two fabricators in the corners which is used to fabricate any required medicine.
- Limb regeneration: With a genetic sample of the patient there is a special device capable of regenerating a body part as shown with Leonard Snarts hand in a process similar to fabrication.
- Follical stimulation: At one point Ray got Gideon to stimulate his hair follicles so he could grow a mustache.
- Sedation: Gideon is able to sedate any patient in the medical bay and then wake them up.
Gideon is a highly advanced interactive artificial consciousness that Gideon described herself as a quantum-enhanced, Artificial intelligence capable of complete autonomous operation. and is programmed to operate the Waverider's critical systems, erasing the need for a large crew.
- Alpha Drives: Zari makes mention that she had to reinitialize Gideon's alpha drives as part of her lie in "".
- Self-learning Neuromorphic Cortex: Which was Formerly Neuromorphic interface before being replaced with a prototype Palmer Technologies developed, after the original suffers damage, is a key component for Gideon's logic and navigation matrix. Without it, Gideon cannot function.
- Neural-core: In "" Ray states that Gideon's neural-core is completely fried by Zari's actions.
- Temporal Navigation system: This system allows Gideon to navigate through the Temporal zone. If rebooted forces Gideon to choose the oldest destination in her logs which is the cretaceous period.
- CPU: When working with the Longinus medallion, Lily Stein worries about overloading Gideon's CPU.
- Neural monitor: Gideon is capable of monitoring the dreams of anyone who sleeps in The Waverider, presumably by an extremely advanced neuro-monitor she was also able to use it to upload Zari's subconscious into her systems. This allowed Gideon to run Zari through her simulator program.
- Time drive
- Main generator: When the Waverider was trapped under an avalanche, Sara orders Gideon to shut down the main generator to conserve energy.
- Bosonic hyper fluid: As Zari calls it "time sludge" that she was sprayed with is Bosonic hyper-fluid - a highly volatile substance which helps power the ship through time. Gideon informs her she's quite lucky to be alive after being exposed to it.
- Solar collection array: while Rip Hunter was approaching the sun in the Waverider, he was informed by Gideon that the solar array is operating at an efficiency of 12,000%. which gives them enough power to make one emergency jump back to just after they left Earth to fly into the sun.
- Timescatter: The Timescatter is a last-ditch option Rip Hunter designed. When activated, it teleports everyone on The Waverider to a different random point in time.
- Lockdown mode
- Auto-pilot: Gideon can take control and pilot the Waverider on her own as ordered to by Sara.
- Auto-repair: This program was enacted by Captain Hunter after the Waverider was hit an atomic missile, which critically damaged the ship and required 15 years to be fully repaired.
- Gentleman's dreadnought: Locks all exits to the Waverider preventing any passengers from leaving.
- Spectrum protocol: Starts a countdown for the self-destruction of the Waverider.
- Imperiax: Makes the Waverider automatically shoot nearby targets/spaceships.
- Kanjar Ro: Makes a holographic projection on the enemy ship's radar.
- Nostromo Sequence: This program seals the Waverider off from the outside world and locks all the doors within the ship.
- Narc Mode: Tracks the crew when they leave the Waverider.
- Encrypted security protocols: Gideon uses these to manage the locks on the Waverider.
The Waverider is a vessel formerly apart of the Time Masters fleet that maintains the time stream, however, due to the destruction of the Time Masters the Waverider has now taken on the responsibility of protecting the entire timeline. However it should be noted the Waverider is not a dedicated warship built for extreme combat or warfare, nevertheless, in the interest of protection and defense and the execution of any crucial military details, the Waverider has its weapon systems to deal with unexpected or expected dangers.
- Blasters: The Waverider is equipped with two laser cannons that extend from the front of the ship.
- Shock missiles: The Waverider is armed with shock missiles that were used by Sara Lance to open the cargo bay when the ship was set on Nostromo protocol by Rip Hunter preventing the Legends from exiting.
- Photon torpedoes: The Waverider has a number of photon torpedoes in its armament, not much technical information is known on this weapon.
- Energy shields or Deflectors
- Jump ship: A small expeditionary vessel located in the belly of the Waverider that the Legends can either use to go on reconnaissance missions, drop-offs, or just to travel to two separate places at once without the use of a Time courier. Sara Lance was revealed to use it to get some privacy and video chat with Ava Sharpe.
Over the course of Rip's travels, he amassed quite a collection of artifacts throughout different time periods, most of them displayed in the parlor. The Legends then added more historical objects to commemorate their adventures.
- Bucket helmet: At some point, Rip acquired a bucket with two holes for eyes and placed it beside a metal helmet located atop a shelf.
- Metal helmet: At some point, Rip acquired a metallic headpiece and placed it beside a bucket helmet located atop a shelf.
- Wooden flute: At some point, Rip acquired a long wooden flute.
- Lantern: At some point, Rip acquired a lantern and displayed it on a shelf.
- Wanted poster for Jonah Hex: Rip acquired a copy of Jonah Hex's wanted poster during his time in Calvert.
- Sgt. Rock's helmet: Sergeant Rock wore this helmet while he served in World War II.
- Tatsu Yamashiro's mask: Somehow, the Legends acquired Tatsu Yamashiro's mask when she's her alter ego.
- Hawkgirl helmet: After Kendra Saunders left the Legends, she also left her helmet behind, signifying her retirement from vigilantism.
- Paul Revere's tricorne: Nate stole Paul Revere's hat after fixing his anachronism.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- The bedrooms seem to vary in size, rather than be uniformly similar. Ex: Mick's room (post-Season One) is more spacious than Ray, Snart, and Kendra's.
- Though it's possible it was originally Rip's and Mick moved in during the time Rip was missing. A captain's quarters would be bigger than the rest of the crew's.
- The brig has fallen into disuse since Season 4, as the containment field in Stein's old lab has a force-field that can isolate prisoners or lock up the entire room.
- The medical treatments the Waverider can help with are limited.
- If someone is too far gone from blood loss.
- Magical ailments repel any medicine except for sedatives.
- The globe in the Captain's office has East and West Germany (as well as the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia) indicating that it was made during the Cold War in or before 1990.
Behind the scenes
- The Waverider is a nod to the time-traveling heroes of the same name. Coincidentally, the second iteration of Waverider is Michael Jon Carter, the father of Rip Hunter in the comics.
- Rip Hunter stealing the Waverider is reminiscent of the Doctor stealing a TARDIS from the British television series, Doctor Who. Arthur Darvill, who portrays Rip, had previously starred in Doctor Who as the Eleventh Doctor's companion Rory Williams.
- In addition, the console on the bridge bears a strong resemblance, especially in having six sides, to the TARDIS console, albeit without the central time rotor.
- Both Rip and Sara can be seen seated and pulling a lever to initiate the time drive. In Doctor Who, The Doctor is frequently shown to be yanking a similar lever in order to fire the T.A.R.D.I.S.'s temporal engines.
- Rip's relationship with the Waverider, especially Gideon, is also reminiscent of the Doctor's relationship with the T.A.R.D.I.S. as well as both the T.A.R.D.I.S. and Gideon having telepathic abilities.
- The Waverider has a certain resemblance to the Millennium Falcon. In the episode "", it displays a lot of Star Wars reference.
- In the DC comics, the bucket helmet is worn by the original and Golden Age Red Tornado, Abigail "Ma" Hunkel.
- In the DC comics, the metal helmet is the headpiece of Pat Dugan's S.T.R.I.P.E. armor. He wears this as part of his mechanical suit robot and calls himself the superhero S.T.R.I.P.E.
- In the DC comics, the flute is a sonic weapon used by Hartley Rathaway, a.k.a. Pied Piper.
- In the DC comics, the lantern is used by the Green Lantern Corps.
|Other versions of Waverider|
|To see other versions of this vehicle, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Waverider.|
|Earth: 1 • 74 • X|