- "You are on a 22nd century timeship, designation WR-2059, currently situated in the temporal zone."
- —Gideon to Zari Tarazi[src]
After using the Waverider for six years, the Legends' lost the Waverider to a younger Bishop's Waverider blowing it up leaving them stranded in 1925. Since the destruction of the Waverider, the Legends have used Gwyn's time machine, and "Evil Gideon" and her team have used another Waverider.
After the Tarazi family dinner for the patriarch's birthday, Behrad and Nate kidnapped Zari to keep her from talking to her parents about Behrad's use of the Air Totem. She walked through a portal into the Waverider and Gideon told her where she was when she asked.
Sara told Gideon to open the ship's cargo bay door to expel Atropos into the Temporal zone, but the Fate grabbed Sara's ankle, forcing Clotho to grab the Hell sword and cut off Atropos' hand, to save Sara and the two pieces of the Loom that Atropos was attempting to claim.
The Waverider was parked in a park in Central City when Mick Rory exited and apologized to Lita for not seeing her because he had been in Hell; he requested a father-daughter weekend with her, but she refused, citing that she needed to study for a history test, until Mick made the Waverider visible, impressing Lita and causing her to change her mind and wish to ride.
After Ava Sharpe repaired the ship, Gary Green transported books from John Constantine's house to the Waverider so that the others could find a way to become immortal and powerful enough to help Clotho with the Loom. They read about the Chalice of Dionysus and flew to Hudson University to use it.
Later, after Astra Logue gained temporary immortality, she was approached by Lachesis, and the two with Atropos stole the ship, leaving the Legends stranded in England and Gary alone with Gary Jr. II to face them. The Fates deactivated Gideon giving them total control. Ultimately, Gary was captured, but was able to keep Astra from killing him. Instead, Astra was killed by Atropos for not doing it. When Clotho used a time courier to board the ship and to escape the England Zombie Apocalypse, Gary handed her the Loom's pieces before being killed himself.
The Legends escaped the fictional shows of Clotho Productions and sought to end the rule of the Fates; they sent half the team to find the Waverider, which they did in a junkyard without Gideon onboard. Zari Tomaz used her engineering skills to start the ship but she needed Steel to act as a conductor for the wiring. Piloting the time-ship, Ava retrieved the other Legends but left Mick behind as they time-jumped four months into the future to keep from crashing as the Loom of Fate exploded.
Four months later, Mick boarded the Waverider with his daughter, Gary, and Mona Wu. The Legends brought Clotho onboard and talked to her about the greatness of free will, but it was Lita who convinced her, causing Clotho to take to the Legends the Hell weapons that were stored there to help them to win their final battle with the Encores.
The next morning, as Behrad Tarazi worked on reconnecting Gideon to the ship, he started bleeding profusely as his body could not handle the opposing timelines represented by Zari Tarazi and Zari Tomaz. Tomaz bid farewell to her friends and returned to the World between worlds.
In mid-2020, Esperanza Cruz had a weapon powerful enough to blast a hole into the Waverider; she was coaxed to board the ship and to help to find Sara Lance. Before the Legends could board, the ship was destroyed by another Waverider.
Compartments in the Waverider
- Bridge: The bridge is where the ship is piloted from, usually from the control console for the captain's chair. Located at the front of the ship, the bridge has viewports that allow the crew to see the outside or view the temporal zone. It also has a central console where Gideon can talk to the crew in a holographic form as well as for accessing information needed for their various missions.
- Captain's office: The office is where many of the Legends' missions are discussed. Paper maps, documents, and other antique decorations are stored in here. The office is adorned with many different artifacts. The office has an old feel, paneled with fine wood and has antique lighting.
- Cargo bay: The cargo bay is a room that is often used to store various equipment, such as Sara's weaponry and Ray's exosuit. The bay also has a door hatch that is used for entering and exiting the ship.
- Library: This room is equipped with computer screens and is sometimes where planning for missions is done. Like the parlor, the library is adorned with various artifacts from many different time periods including hundreds of books, stone busts, fossils, and pottery.
- Lounge: This room is used by Behrad as a lounge place to eat snacks.
- Laboratory: This room is where Behrad and Nate tried to remove the virus in Gideon's system. The laboratory is also connected to the lounge.
- Medical bay: The medical bay is where the crew goes to receive medical treatments for illnesses. Nothing can be done for late stage cancer, as wad in Constantine's case. Gideon can even tell from biology if someone is feeling lovesick.
- Fabrication room: This room has special fabrication technology that can fashion temporally-indigenous clothing.
- Galley and dining room: The Galley is equipped with food and drinks for the crew. The galley also has its own food fabricator capable of making food and drinks for the crew. The fridge is also full of green juice owned by Ray Palmer. However, it turned bad which is why he did not bring it away with him, causing the Legends to get sick after drinking it to honor Ray.
- Bathroom: The Waverider consists of only one bathroom, which the Legends share. The bathroom consists of a shower room, a toilet and a sink.
- Crew quarters: Each crew member has quarters to sleep in.
- Ray's quarters: Ray's quarters were shared with Nora. The quarters had a shelf with his display of various mementos of being a Legend, such as a photo of him and Nate, his shrink gauntlet, his drawing of being knighted as Sir Raymond of the Palms and more. There is also a mannequin that held the A.T.O.M. Exosuit.
- Mick's quarters: Mick's quarters are darker and has piles of weapons around the table. As he is an ex-author, the table is full of papers and a typewriter. Due to his personality, the quarters are messy.
- Jump ship: A smaller separate detachable ship that the Legends can either use to go on reconnaissance missions, drop offs, or just to travel to two separate places at once. It is also a vessel Charlie uses for "joy rides". It was later destroyed by Atropos.
- Main article: Gideon (Waverider)
- Gideon: The highly advanced artificial consciousness of Waverider is known as Gideon and is programmed to operate the ship's critical systems. She has many built-in functions, including we ability to monitor the timeline and track time aberrations and many other functions to aid the crew.
- Grigori Rasputin (called back to Hell)
- Marie Antoinette (called back to Hell)
- Zari Tarazi (released)
- Lord Knoxicrillion (escaped; deceased)
- Bishop (escaped; deceased)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- The medical treatments the Waverider can help with are limited.
- Magical ailments repel any medicine except for sedatives.
- It can't cure cancer, or just aggressive late stage cancer. Constantine had his remaining 10 years sped up temporarily.
Behind the scenes
- The Waverider is a nod to the time-traveling heroes of the same name.
- The Waverider has a certain resemblance to the Millennium Falcon.
|Other versions of Waverider (Earth-Prime)|
|To see other versions of this vehicle, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Waverider.|
|Earth: Prime • Bishop's Waverider|
|Earth: 1 • 74 • X|