- "You are on a 22nd century timeship, designation WR-2059, currently situated in the temporal zone."
- —Gideon to Zari Tarazi[src]
Compartments in the Waverider
- Bridge: The bridge is where the ship is piloted from, usually from the control console for the captain's chair. Located at the front of the ship, the bridge has viewports that allow the crew to see the outside or view the temporal zone. It also has a central console where Gideon can talk to the crew in a holographic form as well as for accessing information needed for their various missions.
- Captain's office: The office is where many of the Legends' missions are discussed. Paper maps, documents, and other antique decorations are stored in here. The office is adorned with many different artifacts. The office has an old feel, paneled with fine wood and has antique lighting.
- Cargo bay: The cargo bay is a room that is often used to store various equipment, such as Sara's weaponry and Ray's exosuit. The bay also has a door hatch that is used for entering and exiting the ship.
- Library: This room is equipped with computer screens and is sometimes where planning for missions is done. Like the parlour, the library is adorned with various artifacts from many different time periods including hundreds of books, stone busts, fossils, and pottery.
- Lounge: This room is used by Behrad as a lounge place to eat snacks.
- Laboratory: This room is where Behrad and Nate tried to remove the virus in Gideon's system. The laboratory is also connected to the lounge.
- Medical bay: The medical bay is where the crew goes to receive medical treatments for illnesses.
- Fabrication room: This room has special fabrication technology that can fashion temporally-indigenous clothing.
- Galley and dining room: The Galley is equipped with food and drinks for the crew. The galley also has its own food fabricator capable of making food and drinks for the crew. The fridge is also full of green juice owned by Ray Palmer. However, it turned bad which is why he did not bring it away with him, causing the Legends to get sick after drinking it to honor Ray.
- Bathroom: The Waverider consists of only one bathroom, which the Legends. The bathroom consists of a shower room, a toilet and a sink.
- Crew quarters: Each crew member has quarters to sleep in.
- Ray's quarters: Ray's quarters were shared with Nora. The quarters had a shelf with his display of various mementos of being a Legend, such as a photo of him and Nate, his shrink gauntlet, his drawing of being knighted as Sir Raymond of the Palms and more. There is also a mannequin that held the A.T.O.M. Exosuit.
- Mick's quarters: Mick's quarters are darker and has piles of weapons around the table. As he is an ex-author, the table is full of papers and a typewriter. Due to his personality, the quarters are messy.
- Jump ship: A smaller separate detachable ship that the Legends can either use to go on reconnaissance missions, drop offs, or just to travel to two separate places at once. It is also a vessel Charlie uses for "joy rides". It was later destroyed by Atropos.
- Nora Darhk (magical consultant; left to have a normal life with Ray Palmer)
- Ray Palmer/The Atom (scientist; left to have a normal life with Nora Darhk)
- Mona Wu/Wolfie (magical creature caretaker and expert; left to be Rebecca Silver)
- Wally West/Kid Flash
- Rip Hunter (captain; deceased)
- Leonard Snart/Captain Cold
- Behrad Tarazi (engineer; deceased)
- Zari Tarazi (former inmate)
- Damien Darhk  (deceased)
- Kevin Harris (documentary director)
- Several unnamed documentary crew members
- Sexy Fireman
- Grigori Rasputin (called back to Hell)
- Marie Antoinette (called back to Hell)
- Zari Tarazi (released)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- The medical treatments the Waverider can help with are limited.
- Magical ailments repel any medicine except for sedatives.
- It can't cure cancer, or just aggressive late stage cancer. Constantine had his remaining 10 years sped up temporarily.
- The Primary temporal delineator of the Waverider is an essential component as Without it, The ship cannot travel.
- CI (Cognitive Intrusion) devices come standard with all Time Master vessels, Including The Waverider Rip however found it barbaric.
- The Waverider is equipped with holographic indigenous camouflage projection technology that keeps it hidden while in the past.
- Ray Palmer speculates that The Waverider utilizes ionic propulsion. Stein however disagrees and says that's impossible since even advanced technology could not sustain an ionic reaction. But Ray notes that it would be possible if you stabilized the quantum flux.
- Removing the time drive of the Waverider will make it unstable and cause it to explode which was done in the original Multiverse by Rip Hunter to delay mallus at the cost of his life.
- Ray says that when The Waverider's coefficient of sinusoidal depleneration reduces, It seems to inversely hyper-celerate.
- If the Waverider suffers damage to the Neuromorphic Interface for Gideon's logic and navigation matrix it would render Gideon non-functional, which happens after the Waverider makes an emergency landing after fighting chronos. They had to replace it with a self-learning Neuromorphic Cortex developed by PalmerTech.
- At one point early on with their adventures Ray was working on something called a Quantum manifold presumably related to the Propulsion systems of the Waverider.
- The Waverider is capable of traveling in outer space as well as through time as shown when the team receives a distress call from Eve baxter in deep space.
- The Waverider's medical bay is capable of putting a person into stasis, freezing them in time as done to mick rory for several decades before being discovered my oliver queen and nate heywood.
- The Waverider has a function called Timescatter it is a last-ditch option Rip Hunter designed. When activated, it teleports everyone on The Waverider to a different random point in time. He uses this to send everyone (with the exception of Mick Rory) away during his attempt to intercept the atomic bomb that threatens New York City.
- The Waverider which is designed to travel in space and an atmosphere is ill-equipped to handle the pressures of an underwater environment surprisingly.
- If Gideon has been placed in sleep mode like she was for five years when they steal The Waverider from the Time bureau, She is able to be revived by diverting her power back to the core.
- Lily stein refers to The Waverider as "a temporal navigation vessel".
- The medical bay of The Waverider has a cryogenic storage facility for holding human remains.
- Among the equipment on The Waverider is a tachyon manifold.
- Rip at one point asks Jax to reroute power from the secondary manifold of the time drive.
Behind the scenes
- The Waverider is a nod to the time-travelling heroes of the same name.
- The Waverider has a certain resemblance to the Millennium Falcon.
|Other versions of Waverider (Earth-Prime)|
|To see other versions of this vehicle, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Waverider.|
|Earth: 1 • 74 • X|