- "So, which one of you lounge lizards is in the wrong universe?"
- —Killer Frost questioning the people of Earth-2
It acts as the first half of a two-part episode.
Barry, Wells and Cisco journey to Earth-2 to rescue Wells' daughter, Jesse, from Zoom. Barry is stunned when he runs into Earth-2 Iris and Joe, but nothing prepares him for meeting Killer Frost and Deathstorm. Meanwhile, back on Earth-1, Jay has to take over the Flash's responsibilities when a meta-human nicknamed Geomancer attacks Central City.
Before heading to Earth-2, Barry closes all but one of the breaches so that Zoom has no other way to travel between the parallel Earths. Using the last breach at S.T.A.R. Labs, Barry, Cisco, and Dr. Wells travel to Earth-2, but there is a surge of energy that destabilizes the breach. The trio will be stuck in Earth-2 until Caitlin and Jay can fix the speed cannon. Barry decides to impersonate his Earth-2 self to get more information on Zoom. He later meets Iris and Joe of Earth-2 and learns that Iris works for the CCPD, while Joe is a singer at a jazz bar. Barry is attacked by Earth-2's Caitlin and Ronnie Raymond, known here as Killer Frost and Deathstorm, agents of Zoom. In the attack, Joe is killed. Cisco attempts to help the police stop the pair, but is confronted by his own evil doppelgänger, "Reverb". Cisco discovers Reverb has greater power, including control over nervous systems. Barry tries to rescue him, but is stopped by Reverb and Deathstorm. Zoom arrives, kills Reverb and Deathstorm for harming the Flash, and then imprisons Barry alongside Jesse. Meanwhile, Jay reveals to Caitlin that he invented Velocity 6 on his Earth and that it is the real reason why he lost his speed and is dying.
- During Barry, Cisco and Harry's travel to Earth-2, they see several cameos in the dimension stream:
- Connor Hawke, a future Green Arrow who later appeared in the episode "".
- The Flash of Earth-90 from the 1990s series , portrayed by John Wesley Shipp. The emblem of this Flash's suit is backward, much like the ones of Eobard Thawne and Zoom; this has been taken as a possible clue by some fans, but is most likely a production error (a left-right "flop").
- Supergirl from the CBS TV series (a reference to Barry's future appearance on the show, in the episode "").
- Grodd, who was deported to Earth-2 by Team Flash in "".
- Jonah Hex, an old west gunslinger. The character would later appear in the episodes "", "" and "".
- Legion ring used by the Legion in the 31th century. The shot in question shows Clark Kent's ring kept in the Fortress of Solitude and is later reused in the episode "".
- Once arriving on Earth-2, Cisco states "I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore", referencing the quote from Dorothy Gale in the movie The Wizard of Oz.
- On the telephone at Earth-2 Barry and Iris' house, the names "Eddie", "Bruce", "Hal" and "Diana" appear as speed dial options below "Mom & Dad". The first name may refer to Eddie Thawne, which suggests the character has an Earth-2 doppelgänger. The other 3 names are references to multiple characters from the comics: Bruce Wayne whose the alter ego of Batman, Hal Jordan whose the alter-ego of the second Green Lantern and Diana Prince whose the alter ego of Wonder Woman.
- It is later revealed that the character of Bruce Wayne exists in the Arrowverse continuity, in the episode "".
- The mural in the Earth-2 Central City Police Department refers to an "A free and just society". This is a reference to the Justice Society of America, a group of superheroes in the comics.
- The Justice Society of America will later be introduced in the "" (and first getting name-dropped in "").
- When Cisco wonders what his doppelgänger would be like, he imagines him to be a rich inventor. Ironically in the Flashpoint timeline, Barry creates later, Cisco himself is a rich inventor and the CEO of Ramon Industries.
- At Jitterbugs, Joseph sings the show tunes "Where or When" and "My Funny Valentine".
- Floyd Lawton's failed attack against Reverb is a reference to a scene from the movie Pulp Fiction.
- When Reverb tries to convince Cisco to team up with him, Cisco asks him "Are you Cloud City Vadering me right now"? This is a reference to a famous scene from Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back, when Darth Vader tries to convince Luke Skywalker to join him.
- Moments later, Cisco tells Reverb that he will not go to the Dark Side with him, again referencing the Star Wars franchise.
- ↑ ‘The Flash’ Boss Talks Barry and Patty’s Tough Choices, West Family Drama - Variety
- ↑ THE FLASH Season 2, Episode 13 Description; "Welcome To Earth-2" - Comic Book Movie
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|