- "I got nothing to lose. But you do. You get to go home. But if you kill these people, you'll hear their screams forever. And one day... when you have a family, you won't be able to look them in the eye. Because this day, this act you're about to commit, will be burned in your memory forever."
- —Mick Rory to Dick Rory
With Sara out of commission, the team finds a new Anachronism that leads them to the jungles of Vietnam and right in the middle of the war. Ray, Amaya, and Zari pose as journalists and trek through the jungle when they are lead to time-displaced Gorilla Grodd. Meanwhile, Nate and Rory run into someone Rory knows which give a glimpse into his past.
- The title is a reference to the Guns N' Roses song of the same name (that was also previously used in ), along with the fact that the Legends visit the jungles of Vietnam.
- The title is also reminiscent of how in Season 3 episode "", Cisco Ramon says those exact words, likely referring to that song, when he, Caitlin Snow, Barry Allen, and Julian Albert arrive the jungle on Earth-2 when heading to Gorilla City (in which Grodd also made a significant appearance).
- The band's lead singer, Axl Rose, is the namesake for Mick's pet rat, Axl
- Nate tells Mick he's "gonna go all Dr. Phil on your ass", referring to the American television personality, author, and psychologist Dr. Phil.
- When Grodd is controlling Sara, he makes her say "There is no Sara. Only Grodd". It is a reference to first Ghostbusters movie.
- Nate likens his and Mick's situation initially to the 1987 film Predator, and later to the 1979 film Apocalypse Now.
- Nate introduces Mick earlier under the pseudonym "Officer Schwarzenegger", referencing the former film's star, Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Nate refers to Mick going "full Kurtz", referencing the antagonist of the latter film, Colonel Walter Kurtz. In the film, Kurtz returns to Vietnam in 1966 with the Green Berets (as Dick Rory is in the show), using barbaric methods to defeat the enemy and send fear, including murdering a number of innocent people.
- Grodd's motion capture in this episode was done by Daniel Cudmore, who also appeared in fellow Arrowverse shows and as Jackhammer and William Lang/Gridlock, respectively.
- After they bump into his father, Mick tells Nate he has never seen a therapist. However, in the crossover, Mick mentioned to Kara Danvers how his shrink thought the former has an interesting past.
- ↑ Legends of Tomorrow Spoilers: “Welcome To The Jungle” with Grodd! - DCLegendsTV
- ↑ Maisie Richardson-Sellers (@maisiersellers) - Instagram
- ↑ ""
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|