I distinctly remember you saying they were the brightest minds in all the Multiverse.And the most annoying. I thought that if I surrounded myself with people like me, I would like them. I don't like them. I hate them. I hate them all.
|When collectors of Native American artifacts are attacked by a meta named Mina Chayton who can bring inanimate objects to life, Barry turns to a surprising ally for help. Determined to crack the identity of The Thinker, Harry enlists Cisco's help to summon the ultimate think tank; "The Council of Wells", a roundtable of the brightest Harrison Wells’ from various Earths.|
Barry and Ralph are seen getting espressos at Jitters. They stroll outside the café when they're ushered nearer by a mugger — the two have a hilarious discussion about how they're going to stop him. The mugger shoots at Ralph twice, with the two shots bobbing off Ralph and rebounding, hitting the mugger in the leg.
Barry states that the initial step to being a superhero is securing the bad guy and races the mugger off to the medical clinic.
Clifford and Marlize DeVoe are discussing the former's "The Thinker" character being uncovered sooner than arranged. Clifford consoles Marlize that everything is still well.
Barry strolls into S.T.A.R. Labs, where Harry, Cisco and Caitlin have been up the entire evening attempting to investigate the strange DeVoe character. Harry says they need more assistance and offers to welcome his new friends to come and help Team Flash.
Harry leaves to converse with his companions as the others talk about how they'll discover who else was on the transport that got hit with dark matter. Since Ralph was on the transport that day, Barry decides to take him to Sharon Finkel in order to hypnotise him into recalling his lost memories.
At Dr. Finkel's office, with Barry and Iris, Ralph goes into a mesmerizing stupor and recalls the day he was on the bus, envisioning the fellow passengers and notably recognising a woman with a black bison on her jacket.
We see same lady Ralph described in a dull parking area type setting. A respectable man is moving toward his vehicle and she assaults him.
Barry and Joe have been called to a crime scene — the person who was opening his vehicle has been killed. His body was found with his hand missing, which was obviously cuffed to a folder case. They notice a sculpture of a huge cat and, suspecting a metahuman, Barry swabs its mouth to discover blood.
Back at S.T.A.R. Labs, Harry discloses to Cisco he's prepared to present his new friends — they're all doppelgangers of Wells from different Earths. The two think of a name for the three news Wells — the Council of Wells.
Barry takes the blood test to Caitlin and she runs it to affirm that the aggressor was a metahuman. Joe strolls in with the character of the person in question, and upon further exploration, they see the man was a purveyor of old curios.
We see the metahuman assailant conversing with another purveyor of antiquated relics. He shows her a piece that he calls a harmony pipe, which agitates the new metahuman, who considers herself the Black Bison.
She's ready to assume responsibility for a close by suit of protective layer and has it begin assaulting the man she was conversing with — at that point Barry and Ralph zoom in, the latter in his new prototype suit. The two superheroes stop the assault, however Black Bison escapes.
At S.T.A.R. Labs, Caitlin affirms the dim issue left on the suit of protective layer coordinates that on the puma sculpture.
Team Flash collectively recognizes the metahuman as Mina Chaytan, a previous teacher of Human Studies. They conclude that she's attempting to collect the three bits of an old special necklace.
Harry and Cisco are conversing with the Council of Wells, attempting to think of an arrangement to discover who DeVoe is. The Council begins arguing and Harry ousts the other Wells' back to their respective Earths.
The Black Bison is seen pursuing an armored vehicle, which happens to move a gallery display. She assumes responsibility for the mountain man meant for the display and takes out one of the security monitors, snatch the last bit of the special necklace before beginning to leave.
Barry and Ralph appear in front of her and battles with the Black Bison and the Caveman under her control, keeping in mind that they had the option to stop the scalawag, a child who was close to the scene was gravely harmed, because of Ralph's powerlessness to ensure close by individuals are sheltered as a matter of first importance.
Barry and Ralph visit the harmed young lady in the medical clinic and discover she's fine, except for a gentle blackout. Ralph is unmistakably stirred up.
Cisco approaches Harry, inquiring as to whether he will get the band back together. Cisco gives Harry a motivational speech, and Harry consents to take different Wells back to assist and the gathering begins chipping away at their arrangement to discover DeVoe.
Barry goes to Ralph's office to discuss his work as an emerging hero and Barry consoles him.
A cop places the Black Bison in prison at the same time. Luckily enough for her though, the cops are trying out new hardware on a sham beneath the prison. She's decides to take the sham and break out of prison.
Caitlin and Iris inform Barry and Ralph that the Black Bison has gotten away, so the two suit up and head to the historical center where Black Bison is gathering the ornament.
At the exhibition hall, the Black Bison assembles the ornament and uses her forces to control the fossil of a T-Rex to stop Flash and Ralph. The latter folds over the mouth of the T-Rex whilst the former diverts and is able to cuff the Black Bison, stopping her at last.
Ralph checks up on the harmed young lady in the medical clinic. After she says she's exhausted, Ralph begins utilizing his hands to make "swell" creatures to cheer her up.
Back at S.T.A.R. Labs, Team Flash report to Barry, thinking they finally have a match to DeVo — Clifford DeVoe. They get a location on the suspect and appear on his doorstep to confront him. Joe and Barry ring the front entryway and his wife, Marlize, answers the entryway in standard dress. She brings over her significant other Clifford, who is shockingly revealed to be limited to a wheelchair.
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon/Vibe
- Neil Sandilands as Professor Clifford DeVoe
- Tom Cavanagh as Dr. Harrison "Harry" Wells, Dr. Harrison Wolfgang Wells, H. Lothario Wells, Wells 2.0 and Wells the Grey
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West
- Hartley Sawyer as Ralph Dibny
- Kim Engelbrecht as Dr. Marlize DeVoe
- Chelsea Kurtz as Mina Chaytan/Black Bison
- Donna Pescow as Dr. Sharon Finkel
- The title of the episode is a reference to the 1989 film When Harry Met Sally...
- When Harry was talking to his doppelgängers, a doppelgänger of him interrupted and said, "It is I! Wells the Grey!", a reference to Gandalf from the Lord of the Rings.
- Harry says to his doppelgängers "...And by the way, it's not me. It's you", a reference to Toymaker's words to his three holographic doppelgängers from the movie Spy Kids 3: Game Over.
- Discussing Harry's attributes in reference to his doppelgängers, Cisco says that sometimes, "you're a wizard, Harry". This is a play on the line spoken by Rubeus Hagrid to Harry Potter in the 1997 novel Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and its 2001 film adaptation, and also a reference to the previous bullet point.
- When Barry tells Ralph to suit up, the latter mocks it as the opposite of a "rousing Braveheart speech", referencing the infamous speech given by William Wallace in the 1995 film Braveheart.
- When confronting the Tyrannosaurus Rex bones, Ralph makes multiple references to the Jurassic Park franchise. He tells Barry the creature’s “vision is based on movement“ (a well-known mistake from the first film) and when this strategy fails declares the film to “be filled with lies.” Later, when shaken about its mouth, he cries "for the love of Jeff Goldblum", referencing an actor who appears in several films in the franchise.
- When the Tyrannosaurus Rex came to life in the museum, it references the movie Night In The Museum, in which the museum exhibits came to life overnight.
- While in S.T.A.R. Labs, Ralph is reading The Young All-Stars #20.
- Unlike the first three seasons, this episode has Team Flash identifying the main antagonist early on the season rather than near the end of the season.
- Cisco refers the group of Wells as the Council of Wells. Other scientists from different sci-fi products have created similar councils of their alternate universe counterparts, such as the Council of Reeds from Marvel Comics and the Council of Ricks from the TV series Rick and Morty.
- After Mina escapes from the CCPD, Iris states, "Apparently, she made a tactical dummy go full Terminator at the station." This is a reference Terminator movies, in which a robot from the future tries to kill certain people to ensure the future that they want.
- This is the seventh episode in the Arrowverse and the second episode of The Flash to be named after a character in a civilian sense (in this case Harry Wells), after "Sara", "The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak", "Who is Harrison Wells?", "My Name Is Oliver Queen", "Alex", and "Zari".
- Tom Cavanagh mimicked the voice and accent of Arrow's Slade Wilson, played by Manu Bennett, for Wells 2.0. Like Slade, the cyborg Wells is missing an eye.
- Ralph's prototype suit strikes a resemblance to Daredevil's prototype suit, first featured in Daredevil: The Man Without Fear #4 (1994) and also used in Season 1 of Daredevil.
- In the opening scene, the mugger drops his gun a couple times and it ends up on the ground in places inconsistent with where it should have been.
- When the T-Rex skeleton attacks the Flash in the museum, it roars at him. Since it's a skeleton however, the T-Rex has no lungs or any other parts with which to expel air or make any vocal noise at all.
- Sharon Finkel refers to herself as "Dr. Finkel" but the only diploma displayed in her office is for a Master of Psychology. To be considered a doctor in her field, Sharon would need to have a PhD in psychology (clinical or counseling), PsyD, or M.D. (if a psychiatrist).
- When Mina is first incarcerated, she is still wearing all of her jewelry. No competent police officers would lock up a criminal without first taking away all personal possessions and/or objects that could be used as a weapon.
|The Flash season 4|
|"The Flash Reborn" • "Mixed Signals" • "Luck Be a Lady" • "Elongated Journey Into Night" • "Girls Night Out" • "When Harry Met Harry..." • "Therefore I Am" • "Crisis on Earth-X, Part 3" • "Don't Run" • "The Trial of The Flash" • "The Elongated Knight Rises" • "Honey, I Shrunk Team Flash" • "True Colors" • "Subject 9" • "Enter Flashtime" • "Run, Iris, Run" • "Null and Annoyed" • "Lose Yourself" • "Fury Rogue" • "Therefore She Is" • "Harry and the Harrisons" • "Think Fast" • "We Are The Flash"|