- For the episode, see "".
- "Someone once told me that a circumstance can make something poison or nectar. What they meant was we get to choose what we are, we get to choose who we are. So tell me... who are you?"
- —Oliver to Black Siren
|Worried that Prometheus is right and he is truly a killer at heart, Oliver looks for any ray of hope and finds it in what seems to be the miraculous return of Laurel Lance. However Felicity, still reeling from Detective Malone's murder, is bent on revenge - she wants to stop Prometheus at any cost. While in prison, John fights for his life.|
Oliver is shocked to see Laurel Lance alive in the Arrowcave. She claims it's a result of time travel. Felicity arrives and is also shocked. Laurel then explains, how the Legends were able to bring her back without causing a time aberration. Felicity arranges a return party for Laurel. She is also eager to see John and Thea. Mentioning of John reminds Felicity, that John as been arrested. Oliver goes to see him and also mentions Laurel's return. John finds himself in a difficult situation, but unlike last time, he is going to fight the false charges. Oliver arranges a lawyer for him.
In Felicity's apartment, Laurel speaks with Thea on the phone, and everyone present are having mixed feelings for Laurel. They then make a toast. Later, Felicity is back in the Arrowcave running a DNA-test on the glass Laurel used, when Rory arrives. He deduces that Felicity has suspicions over Laurel. The DNA-test turns positive, and Rory begins to joke that maybe it's a twin, an evil twin. His joke actually hits a nail, as Felicity realizes with horror, that Laurel actually has an evil twin: her doppelganger from Earth-2, Black Siren, who was supposedly locked up in S.T.A.R. Labs. Felicity attempts to call Cisco Ramon, but Black Siren appears and stops her with her sonic scream. She incapacitates Felicity and Rory, but Oliver appears and forces her to retreat.
The team is fixing up the cave and Curtis explains Rene about Earth-2. Felicity and Oliver watch a security footage Cisco sent, which clearly shows, that Black Siren was freed from S.T.A.R. Labs by Prometheus, as yet another means to cause emotional blow to Oliver. Black Siren meets Prometheus and he is disappointed, that she failed. He warns her.
Preparation ran from October 12 until October 20, 2016. Filming ran from October 21 until November 1, 2016.
- While wondering how his doppelgänger on Earth-2 could be different from him, Curtis asks to himself: "What if I'm straight?". This is a potential reference to his comic book counterpart, Michael Holt, who is heterosexual.
- When Earth-2 Laurel is telling Oliver her backstory, she tells him "-once you let the darkness inside, it never comes out". This is similar to what Helena told Earth-1 Laurel in "", which Earth-1 Laurel herself quoted to Kate Spencer when blackmailing the latter for her job back.
- Curtis mentions that Prometheus "Henry Higgins'd [Black Siren] into coming off as real Laurel." This is a reference to the play Pygmalion and its 1956 musical adaptation My Fair Lady.
- Before fighting her, Wild Dog calls Black Siren "Trinity", a reference to Carrie Anne Moss' character in the Matrix trilogy, who wears a similar leather coat.
- This episode establishes that Prometheus is aware of the existence of the multiverse and time travel, specifically the existence of the Waverider. This indicates that he has been keeping tabs on the activities of Team Flash and the Legends as well.
- Jeffrey Dahmer is listed as the Warden of Langham Prison, where Diggle is to be transferred. In real life, Jeffrey Dahmer was a serial killer who murdered numerous men and boys from 1978 to 1991. He was convicted and received multiple life sentences before ultimately being murdered by a fellow inmate in 1994.
- The title comes from a line Oliver was told in the Bratva, which he also said to Earth-2 Laurel during his interrogation of her.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|