William Lang (1982- May 2018), nicknamed Gridlock by Cisco Ramon, was a Meta-human that fought the Flash. As a meta-human with ability to absorb kinetic energy, Lang used his powers to commit many crimes, including carjacking, robbing from bank vehicles, and causing a plane to crash. However, he was defeated by the Flash and XS. Following his defeat, he was murdered by Cicada, who desired the extermination of all those like him.
William Lang at some point obtained meta-human powers, and used it to commit crimes.
Lang then assaulted an airplane. The Flash, Kid Flash, and XS used their speed to get onto the plane and with the help of a breach. Wally put cuffs on William and knocked him out. After they vibrated to make the airplane phase through the skyscraper and the bridge, he was arrested.
The truck which was transporting Lang to Iron Heights was ambushed by Cicada. Lang battled Cicada, initially seeming to have the upper hand. However, Cicada eventually absorbed his powers using his dagger and brutally beat Lang before stabbing and killing him.
Powers and abilities
- Meta-human physiology: Through unknown means, Lang's DNA was altered altered and his cells supercharged, turning him into a meta-human and thereby allowing him to access to his powers.
- Kinetic Energy absorption: Lang can absorb kinetic energy released when someone touches him, and then redirect it to use said energy against them. When using his powers, he generate light blue colored electricity.
- Immobilization: If Lang can't move, he is unable to use his powers, as he can only absorb kinetic energy from moving targets.
- Gridlock mask: Lang wears a mask as his villain alter-ego, Gridlock. It is a black face mask that shows his eyes, nose, and mouth. He wears it with black jacket with white lines on the each side of its chest, with black pants and shoes.
- "" (flashback)
- "" (mentioned)
- "" (pictured)
- "" (flashback; television)
- "" (mentioned)
- "" (in Grace's mind; television)
- His actor, Daniel Cudmore, previously appeared on fellow Arrowverse show Arrow as Jackhammer in "", in addition to providing the motion capture for Grodd in the DC's Legends of Tomorrow episode "".
- He was Cicada's first kill.
- His height is 6'2. However, in real life Daniel Cudmore is about 5 inches taller.
- It's possible that Lang gained his powers from the S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator explosion, though this remains unconfirmed.