Mary had been born to a leader of the cult known as the Resurrection Crusade. One day, Mary ran away and had been on a run from them since. To avoid drawing attention to herself she stopped using her real name and started going by the name "Zed".With her psychic powers, she began seeing visions of John Constantine and drew sketches of him.
Powers and abilities
- Extrasensory perception: Zed has psychic powers which come useful when working with John Constantine.
- Drawing: Zed is a talented sketch artist.
- Pickpocketing: Zed is a talented pickpocket.
- Multilingual: Zed is capable of fluently speaking English and Spanish. She can also understand sign language, and translated the deaf Freddy's witness statement for Constantine.
Behind the Scenes
- In the DC comics, Mary Martin, also known as Zed and the Mary, a psychic artist who met John Constantine in a London alleyway, she was recruited by an extremist Christian group called 'The Resurrection Crusade' to bear the Second Coming, which Constantine stopped from happening.